He's caught your attention, but you haven't seemed to catch his. How can you get this good looking guy to notice you, and only you? How do you go about getting him to like you, to ask you out and maybe even finding romance together? There aren't any magical tricks you can use in getting a fellow's eye, but there are a few things you can do to improve your chances for making him fancy you. Here are a few basics when you're angling for attention:
- The most attractive trait men or women can use to sell themselves to the opposite sex is: confidence. People hear it time and time again, but it's the truth. If you're self-confident, men can sense it and are subconsciously drawn to you. Getting yourself confident and not self-conscious or over-confident isn't as difficult as it might sound. Doing the things that make you happy, eating right and exercising are all factors. Enjoying yourself and liking your you is a great way to get him to notice you.
- Don't create some insane giggling machine when you're around him, unless that's really you. Being yourself and relaxing around him (even if he does make you nervous with butterflies) rings true. People generally don't get romanced when they seem false. It's assumed if your faking a personality, there are other parts of you that are also artificial.
- When the particular man that you want to get noticed by is around, listen to him. Put in valuable, genuine comments but everyone loves a good listener. You'll also learn more about his likes and dislikes, which you can use in later conversations. He'll be flattered you remembered details about him. Don't just recite everything you know about him, though, because that can scare him off.
- Add a few new pieces to your wardrobe, get a cut and color or even a sexy new pair of stylish shoes. They help build your confidence, you'll feel a bit better and there's no reason not to. Small changes can go a long way and might be just the thing to get him to look at you in a more romantic light.
- If he still doesn't notice you after awhile, don't lose hope. The last thing you want to do is to keep chasing, which makes you look desperate or needy. Let him go, because by this time all of the other single fish in the sea will have noticed your 'new you'.
You can get that special guy to notice you, without making any extreme changes. Just by highlighting your already fantastic qualities, you can help him see them too.